Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Cool Tool? "The Coper" for cutting baseboards

In article , Leuf wrote:
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:19:55 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article om, DerbyDad03

wrote:
Stumbled across this on the web. I have no affiliation, it just looks
like a cool tool if you've got a lot a baseboard to install. OTOH, it
could be a piece of junk.

In brief, you make a mold of your baseboard's profile and use it as a
template to guide a router.

http://www.thecoper.com/detailed_instructions.htm

Text on website says "guaranteed to save ... hours on every job."
Video says "... but we recommend that you leave the template overnight so that

it cures completely."

Just how long do they think it takes to cut a coped joint by hand, anyway? I
can cut and fit an awful lot of coped joints in the time it takes that sucker
to cure overnight...

So Doug, every time you glue something do you sit there twiddling your
thumbs for how long it says on the bottle?

OK, how long do *you* think it takes to cut a coped joint by hand? I'd rather
hand-cut them and get on with the job.

--
Regards,