Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default Motor pulley problems

Tim,

I'm still of the advice to work on the pulley.

If you insist on taking down the shaft . . . 'fire up' the motor and start
with a medium mill file, then Crocus cloth, etc. Less work & get 'there'
quicker.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron

"Tim Douglass" wrote
"Ron Magen" wrote:

Tim,
BEFORE you start mucking about with the shaft . . . does it have a

keyway?
Does the pulley have a keyway? If neither have a keyway, how is the

pulley
locked to the shaft?

No keyway on the shaft, just a flat. The pulley has a setscrew.

SNIP
I really want to stay out of a machine shop just because I could
easily drop more getting the pulley on the shaft than the entire saw
is worth.

SNIP