Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
. net:

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:45:52 GMT, "kpg*" wrote Re
Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax:

lol, of course not. Because that's not how it happens. The reality
is our freedoms are eroded much slower than that; at a pace we hardly
notice.

Right!

If you are over 55, think back to when you were a kid and compare the
freedoms our society had then vs. what we have now. It's not even
close.

As our children and grandchildren grow up under these restrictions,
they think it is normal and they may add even more.

Look at the number or government employees per private worker and how
that has changed. Look at the number of people paying taxes versus
the number collecting some sort of government check or aid. Look at
the number of boneheads on the House of Representatives and how that
has grown.

The House grows according to population;seems proper.
you want to cut government size,get rid of gov't programs that gov't is
*not supposed to be doing*,like Social Security,Welfare,various other
social programs.THAT is where the gov't sticks its nose into people's
business.

We should consolidate some of the states and lower the number of
people in Washington. From 50 states, we could whittle it down to
about 25 or so. Like join Nebraska and the Dakotas together and dump
four senators. One Carolina and two more senators are out of work.
You get the idea.

what about states like Texas and California that are big and populous
enough for TWO states? Split 'em up?

What we need is TERM LIMITs,so that Congresscritters don't spend their
entire working lives there.
That's when they start thinking they are "elites",different and better than
the rest of us. They don't have to follow the laws like the rest of us
do. They lose touch with reality,too.

The job was never meant to be a lifelong career.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik