Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Wavy lines on new tv

Mike S. wrote:

I purchased a new CRT TV one month ago. About a week ago I noticed a
few small wavy lines on the left side of the screen. They are usually
only noticable on a dark gray screen. But I also noticed them when
watching a DVD, but they went away after a minute or two. I think this
might be something called Moire, but I'm not sure.

Is this something that can be corrected? If not, does this mean the tv
is defective? Is it something that will get worse over time?

The tv is 27" and 480i (I think).

Sounds like a power dip in your outlet.
Could be something else but things like Air conditioners
and brown outs will make CRT TV's do this.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5