Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chris Chris is offline

Default buying iron castings

I was last positioned in the WB area (Bear Creek to be precise).
Location is pretty much irrelevant - I'd be more then willing to drive
down to Lancaster or wherever.
I had thought the Amish didn't work cheap. Great peeps no doubt. I
hadn't expect them to get into that kind of stuff. Live and learn.
I'll check that out, and thanks for the tip/s. I *could* go as far
building a cupola furnace - what's the probability of getting decent
castings going that route? I have built a *foundry* so far, or tried
to . Pictures can be seen at

Not bad for a foist attempt I was told. *Hoped* to melt a significant
quantity of yellow brass - NOT. Very poor planning on my part. Make
that no planning.

As far as pattern making, I dunno, I thought it wouldn't be too bad.
I have a copy of "the Charcoal Foundry" by Gingery (Lindsay pubs.) and
figured that would be tutorial enough for more or less simple
patterns.

This is what I want to make (or something close):