Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Temporarily dried up

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:22:17 -0700, "
wrote:

On Sep 4, 9:23 am, Frank Boettcher wrote:

Lot to be said for that. Several good friends are turners. Their mistakes are art. My mistakes are junk.

Frank

Awww, now Frank.... come on....

You never had a shelf turn out to be a cutting board in the end? You
never had a small chest wind up with a couple of less drawers, or
maybe the end result a little smaller because of a setting you
misfired when setting up your saw or jigs?

Sure, but those are brand new projects. I intended for them to end up
that way :~).

Frank

Do you have any idea how many small flower vases are turned into
Christmas ornaments on a lathe every day? Or how many bed post
finials are turned into mallets, or baseball bat blanks that are
turned into chopsticks? More than anyone would admit.

I don't believe an engineer would give up on a project that didn't
meet the original specs - I thought you guys called those things field
design modifications! ;^)

Robert