Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Phil Phil is offline

Default Correct sand cement ratio for roofing

On 4 Sep, 20:52, wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the correct sand
cement ratio should be for setting hip capping tiles. If you want to
know the background to this see the 'roofing nightmare' thread.

I have a photograph of two sacks of similar size, one almost empty
containing sand and another almost full containing cement left by the
roofers who recently did some work on my property. These sacks suggest
that the roofers used a mixture of *at least* ten parts sand to one
part cement.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the implications of this might be?
How good could this information be in negotiating a discount from the
quote?

Thanks,

1

3:1 sharp sand to cement. Don't use soft sand as the yellow colour (a)
looks awful and (b) is mainly iron compounds and leeches out with
rain, staining things in its path.

Phil.