Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default How much of Dillon's Carbide dies are Carbide?

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:52:22 -0500, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
The outside on many dies is chrome Moly for strength. The carbide is the
stretching and sizing part that takes a lot of pressure. It might, haven't
torn down mine, be the pressing die inside the bullet press die.

I seem to recall seeing a cross-section of the dies showing the carbide
ring where the case goes in (where the force is applied, for the most
part) and maybe the button. Check the Blue Press, perhaps, or call 'em.
Every time I've called, the person answering the phone has every answer
I can throw at them.