Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry Mike Henry is offline

Default buying iron castings

"Carl Boyd" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
ps.com...
does anyone have experience w/purchasing casting (from their own
patterns) for some project they were building? Better yet can they
recommend someone in northeast Pennsylvania that does onezies? I'd
like to build a replica of an early Hardinge vertical mill. Nothing
over 40 lbs. I don't think. Thanks.

A direct offlist e-mail would be even more appreciated.

Several years ago, someone on RCM recommended an Amish run foundry (think
no phone, and no internet), that I think Pa. I think the name was Cattail
Foundry.

google found this article with a name and an address
http://steamtraction.com/archive/5088/

Is Gordonville, Pa. close to you?

Search RCM archives, I think that self addressed stamped envelope is the
contact method.

A search of www.owwm.com might also prove fruitful. ISTR that some folks
there had replacement casting made from broken parts by that same Amish
foundry and were happy with the results.

Mike