Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:45:52 GMT, "kpg*" wrote Re
Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax:

lol, of course not. Because that's not how it happens. The reality
is our freedoms are eroded much slower than that; at a pace we hardly
notice.

Right!

If you are over 55, think back to when you were a kid and compare the
freedoms our society had then vs. what we have now. It's not even
close.

As our children and grandchildren grow up under these restrictions, they
think it is normal and they may add even more.

Look at the number or government employees per private worker and how that
has changed. Look at the number of people paying taxes versus the number
collecting some sort of government check or aid. Look at the number of
boneheads on the House of Representatives and how that has grown.

We should consolidate some of the states and lower the number of people in
Washington. From 50 states, we could whittle it down to about 25 or so.
Like join Nebraska and the Dakotas together and dump four senators. One
Carolina and two more senators are out of work. You get the idea.