Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For the Electrical Contractors in the group.

"gorehound" wrote in message
What would be a good bid to change a fuse box to a breaker box. Here is
the situation, I am licensed electrician but I work for an electrician and
I am trying to get some sidework of my own. I have changed out panels
while working with the guy before and I know what I am doing.

If you know what you are doing, you also know how long it will take you. The
hourly rate is dependent o n location and local cost, but $60 to $100 an
hour is common. Figure your time plus materials.

Would I do a set price or would I charge by the hour plus material?

You can do by the hour, but most people want to know the actual cost
beforehand, or a least a very close estimate. Having done electrical work
you know how much time it will take. Be sure to consider travel time and
time to go get the materials. That is often charged at a lower rate because
in a big shop, a lower paid go-fer will do that work.