Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default help with classic NAD MR-20

"Chuck" wrote in message

The HV rectifier is in the flyback assembly.

Thanks for the info. I won't be rushing to remove the flyback.

I purchased the last flyback NAD had in stock about 7 years ago.
It was the second most-likely part to fail...

If only I'd known... grin

...the first being the electrolytic capacitor on the CRT board.

I assume you mean C13. Electrolytics are cheap, so I ought to replace a
bunch.

This set was actually made by Sampo...

NAD's idea was, instead of designing a new color TV from scratch, they'd
pick a "good" existing model and improve it. The Sampo was their choice, but
it required more upgrading than they expected.