Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Mobo repair - any point?

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

w_tom wrote:

On Sep 2, 7:05 pm, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Need more info. On some like Compaq, a corrupted CMOS may result
in a totally dead PC.

I believe Sam meant corrupted BIOS - not CMOS. A corrupted BIOS
sometimes can still be restored - but only a few manufacturers
installed that option.

No, I do mean corrupted CMOS. A hard reset using the internal switch
(or contacts - I forget what it had) loaded defaults and restored
normal operation. It appeared totally dead before that.