Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Boyd Carl Boyd is offline

Default buying iron castings

"Chris" wrote in message
ps.com...
does anyone have experience w/purchasing casting (from their own
patterns) for some project they were building? Better yet can they
recommend someone in northeast Pennsylvania that does onezies? I'd
like to build a replica of an early Hardinge vertical mill. Nothing
over 40 lbs. I don't think. Thanks.

A direct offlist e-mail would be even more appreciated.

Several years ago, someone on RCM recommended an Amish run foundry (think no
phone, and no internet), that I think Pa. I think the name was Cattail
Foundry.

google found this article with a name and an address
http://steamtraction.com/archive/5088/

Is Gordonville, Pa. close to you?

Search RCM archives, I think that self addressed stamped envelope is the
contact method.

Carl Boyd