Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Low energy lamps with dimmer

On 2007-09-04 18:06:42 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Chris Hodges wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

What I want is low energy lamps with a BRIGHTENER!!!

Unless your whole house is lit with 100W lamps, just buy the next size
up - 4:1 is about right compared to normal pearl, 5:1 is relative to
soft tone. Of course if you want it to have warmed up by the time
you've taken your hand off the switch that's a different matter.

How the fans of CFLs fool themselves. I've fitted 24W CFLs supposed to
be equivalent to 100W incandescent bulbs. The light from them is about
the same as I get from a 15W incandescent bulb.

I've found them to be suitable for exterior use in lanterns, but that's
about it - nothing inside. Too dim and the sickly light.....