Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low energy lamps with dimmer

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Malcolm H wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
Chris Hodges wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

What I want is low energy lamps with a BRIGHTENER!!!
Unless your whole house is lit with 100W lamps, just buy the next size
up - 4:1 is about right compared to normal pearl, 5:1 is relative to
soft tone. Of course if you want it to have warmed up by the time
you've taken your hand off the switch that's a different matter.
How the fans of CFLs fool themselves. I've fitted 24W CFLs supposed to
be equivalent to 100W incandescent bulbs. The light from them is about
the same as I get from a 15W incandescent bulb.

A modicum of hyperbole I suspect!

With some, its not far off.

I run 25 watters here to get about a 40W illumination level

Maybe time to try another brand.

NT