Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Belling Format 600 grill stopped working

In article om,
zagrebo writes:
Wonding if anyone might help before I call in the repair man.
Using the grill on my Belling Format 600 the other day and a terrible
smell ( not the food) like electrical burning. Turned the grill off,
let it cool down and tried again. No response at all - all else
working, lights, fan, oven etc. Just the grill not heating up.
Bought a new element and fitted it today. Still nothing. As before,
everything else working fine.
Is there as fuse somewhere? Or any other suggestions would be
gratefully received.

Given it stopped when you switched it off, and it didn't come
back on again afterwards, my money would be on the switch having
burned out.

--
Andrew Gabriel