Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Air Conditioner Repair Estimate

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

wrote in message
thats a ripoff for 10 minute job and 12.00 part..

I was thinking rip off also if it was during regular hours. I felt ripped
off when I was charged $ 40 for a capacitor when some other work was done

on
my unit. The capacitor should have been about half that.

So having the part, stocking the part, etc, costs nothing and should be
worth nothing?

Guess it depends on where you are in the country. Thinking about $ 50 per
hour and a 2 hour call (driving time included ,about 1 hour) and parts.
maybe $ 120 to $ 150 tops.

$50 an hour?
Do you like working for free, below minimum wage, or in some cases pay to
work there?