Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Carpenter's glue

willshak wrote:
on 9/4/2007 10:02 AM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:
"willshak" wrote in message

on 9/3/2007 3:10 PM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message

What can I use to keep excess carpenter's glue from sticking to
something? I've got to glue and clamp something, and there will be
overflow of glue that I don't want sticking to the wooden clamps.
Does waxpaper work?

What is the something made out of?

He said the "wooden" clamps.
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I wonder if the glue might also ooze onto the "something" that he's
gluing.

He's probably not worried about that, since he only specifically
mentioned the clamps.

I'm suspecting he hadn't thought of it specifically and is somewhat
unexperienced...as someone else noted, the clamp in the location where
squeezeout would be expected doesn't sound like clamping in the right
location as well as excessive glue besides...