Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Ever have projects you don't like?

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:37:32 -0400, "tdup2" wrote:

Why is it we spend hours on something that we know isn't going to please us?
It's just a few bucks of wood or maybe even free. If time were money it
would certainly hit the trash bin. I think we just don't like to be defeated
by a crappy piece of wood. Wood burners are great... burn baby burn!!! Now
who won?

Tim

Now that's the kind of response I was hoping for, Tim...

Maybe part of it is that there was a time for most of us when we never had
enough wood to turn and dreaded wasting any?

The being defeated part is a biggie, also..

Maybe just a discipline thing??

Since turning has become more than a hobby, I find myself rejecting more wood
than I did before... Avoiding the "my time is money", but more looking at the
pile of wood and allowing myself to become a little picky..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing