Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Ever have projects you don't like?

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:48:25 -0400, "Michael Latcha" wrote:

Before you throw it away (as I will eventually suggest), try to learn
something from it. Figure out WHY you don't like it. Is it the crappy
wood, or the uninspired and forced shape, or even the lack of planning and
vision that led to your disappointment?

As soon as you have that figured out, throw the cussed thing away. Burn it
if possible. Put it completely out of your mind, but remember the steps
that led to it... and vow to never repeat them.

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

I think it was all of the above... lol

Mainly, I think it was that I had a mental image of what I wanted to make and
because of defects (ok, features) in the wood and such, it evolved into a vase..

I really don't DO vases, though my wife says that they will sell here..

I got off my butt and finished it last night... not letting myself skip any
grits, step, etc.... sort of a will power thing, I guess..

The real bitch is, I kind of like it now that it's done..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing