Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Temporarily dried up

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:08:06 -0700, FoggyTown
wrote:

Wow. Retired life is a bitch when your only real hobby is
woodbutchering and you can't think of a new project that feels
interesting or is even uninteresting but necessary in the home.
Bummer. I suppose I could go and get some new thingjimmy (like a
scroll saw or mini lathe) and play around with it until the Wood Muse
blows in my ear again - but I don't have the room to add any more
shinies. I've already tidied up my shop. NEXT!!!!

FoggyTown
Most of my projects' best features started out as mistakes.

Not a problem here. The biggest surprise about retirement is that I
don't seem to have the time to do all the projects I want to do. So
many of them are going at once and the challenge becomes finishing
something.

Now let's see

1. finish the shop expansion
2. finish the china cab and side board
3. finish the bedroom furniture for bedroom two
4. finish the kitchen remodel.
5. repair the facia and soffit, paint the house.
6. finish the double bass repair (oh, finished that last week)
7. finish the lighted mailbox and driveway post (Oh, finished that
last week too, feels good to actually be finishing some things).
8.start the bateau fast skiff 14 or indian river skiff.
9. Start the hall tree
10. start the ......I'm sure by the time I get here there will be
something by this number.

However, you can take up some other hobbies.

Frank