Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave dave is offline

Default non-standard bronze bushings - "building up their bores" using unconventionalmethods (pix online)

hi guys,

I'm overhauling my old Sasgen Derrick spur-geared winch. parts are no
longer available for it - the company closed recently, after over a
hundred years in business in Chicago. the two 1.125 diameter shafts ride
in (what I call) "eared bronze bushings" or "externally keyed bronze
bushings", all four of which are badly worn - I'll need to either
replace (which seems unlikely) or 'refurbish' those STRANGE bushings,
somehow or another.

I'm considering a few (possibly bizarre) approaches, and I'd also
appreciate any ideas *you* have on how to best accomplish the goal.
'best' here defined as 'most bang for the least buck'. especially please
see this image (and the caption below it), and the four images or so
immediately following it, which should clearly illustrate the problem.

http://machines.pandela.net/sasgen_w...s/photo37.html

thanks for ideas and tips,

toolie

- -
replies by e-mail, if any, please remove the weirdstuff from my address
before you click 'send' - thanks :-)
- -