Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Drill press and Variable Speed

you are correct. Be sure to NEVER EVER reverse with the motor moving - that
board is not designed for the huge spike that will result and you'll smoke
the board - always reverse at 0 RPM

"DanG" wrote in message
engineman,

I appreciate everyone's input, but I want to clear up the reversing. The
motor has red, black, green that terminate on a printed circuit board.
I'm sure the circuit board's primary responsibility is to create DC and
also to provide the variable input. If I understand correctly, reversing
the red, black motor leads should reverse the direction. My main concern
would be to not hurt the circuit board. The reversing should occur after
the circuit board, and the circuit board should not be affected?