Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomarse Thomarse is offline

Default Smoothing an old wall

On Sep 4, 3:32 pm, "George" wrote:
"The Natural Philosopher" wrote in t...

George wrote:
"Thomarse" wrote in message
Any advice? Has anyone else done anything similar? Liek I said, I
can't plaster and so skimming isnt an option but I think possibly the
compound could be, but I'm not sure how well I could smooth it?

Thanks

One of the pitfalls of painting new plaster then wanting to wallpaper it

at
a later date and wanting to paint it again after stripping the paper of.

Will people listen...no!

Lining paper.

or polyskim.

Its a LOT easier than plastering,,and any rough bits get the emery paper
treatment.

Do they give the scraper as well when you buy that stuff?
Aldi on sunday were selling the blade for that sort of skim,its about 6"
long with two other scrapers for £2.49- Hide quoted text -

How "easy" is easy.. I;ve look at the polyskim stuff before but it
looked like I may end up with a load of trowel marks to get rid of
once dry.. I guess theres a knack to it?

Would a wet mix of drywall jointing compund do a similar job.. The
reason i ask is that i have alot of this left after erecting my
partition wall and it would save alot of money if i could use that...
Although I do just want the easiest method...Polyskim is quite pricey

Cheers for all the replies