Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Smoothing an old wall

George wrote:
"Thomarse" wrote in message
Any advice? Has anyone else done anything similar? Liek I said, I
can't plaster and so skimming isnt an option but I think possibly the
compound could be, but I'm not sure how well I could smooth it?

Thanks

One of the pitfalls of painting new plaster then wanting to wallpaper it

at
a later date and wanting to paint it again after stripping the paper of.

Will people listen...no!

Lining paper.

or polyskim.

Its a LOT easier than plastering,,and any rough bits get the emery paper
treatment.

Do they give the scraper as well when you buy that stuff?
Aldi on sunday were selling the blade for that sort of skim,its about 6"
long with two other scrapers for £2.49