Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Smoothing an old wall

"Thomarse" wrote in message

I forgot to add.. I'm not a believer of lining paper.. The joins are
more often than not still visible...I don't expect I will manage to do
much better!

I guess styles change and as people live in and move in and out of
houses, they like different decoration...Can't really be helped that
someone painted the walls, then someone decided they wanted it
papered... and then i decided I didnt.. The variety of life I guess...
A pain up the *** for me to get my smooth wall though!

Joins in lining paper are a doddle,buy a 1" roller that is used to flatten
the joins.
http://tinyurl.com/29zrly
Its not hard to do