Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Septic tanks and water softener options

In article , Javier says...

Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 09:11:20 -0400, Javier wrote:

Greetings,

I've a septic tank, and fairly hard water. It's my understanding that
the discharge from the cleaning cycle of a water softener is is damaging
to septic tanks (or rather, the bacterial colonies, as well as the
vegetation growing on the leach field).

What are the options for softening the water for the entire house in
this case?

Never had a problem with a traditional salt conditioner and my former
septic. If you are worried there are alternatives.

Right, thus my post. Can you recommend any alternatives?

I have a septic tank and a water softener - the discharge goes to my sump pump
well.

Banty