Posted to comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.hp.hardware,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Colin Horsley Colin Horsley is offline

Default Service manual to dismantle and replace power supply on HP Pavilion ZT3380

"news.rcn.com" news.rnc.com wrote in message
Does anyone know how to replace a power supply in an HP Pavilion ZT3380 laptop
please?

The power plug seems to be exceptionally loose and if the computer shuts down,
you can occasionally get it turned on again by turning the plug around in the
socket 180 degrees so that something makes contact with something again. But
I don't think this is the whole story.

Someone once referred me to a service manual for my Pavilion 5415 which had

similar problem but I cant now find the reference to it (and replacing the
power supply for the 5415 involved a completely uneconomical taking apart of
the whole computer down virtually to the last screw!). These internal power
supplies do occasionally come up on ebay and sell for a few bucks. possibly
for this reason?

Hopefully the situation wont be the same for the 3880? Though an alarming
number of them seem to come up very cheaply at places like Fry's, -
reconditioned .

(Incidentally it refers to itself on its screen panel as a ZT3000, on its
underside as a ZT3300 and on it serial number plate as a ZT3380US)

Try eBay:-
HP Pavilion ZT3000 service repair manual 0n CD US$9.99

Good luck! Colin