Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default getting a house looked at before possibly buying it

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 2 Sep, 22:27, Calla wrote:

Dear Andy,
First of all let me come clean and declare myself a surveyor (of
sorts) NOT chartered or structural. I have surveyed several thousand
houses in my particular field (damp and decay) and have compared my
assessment with that of structural surveyors and on the whole tend to
agree with elements of the opinions expressed on surveyors. I have on
my list about 5 surveyors that I regard as good and would pay to
survey any prospective purchase and that is gained over the last 30
plus years from a population of several hundred.
My advice is to select your suveyor carefully.

snip further details

What an excellent and helpful post - thank you.

I'm unlikely ever to need a surveyor but shall keep your advice for the
benefit of others.

Mary