Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Motion Detecting Lights in Bathrooms - Code??

In article ,
says...

Remember that the lifespan of a CFL bulb is measured in years instead of
months -- so the number of CFLs going into the landfills isn't going to be
anywhere near the number of incandescent bulbs.

I'd amend that to "the lifespan of a CFL bulb *in a suitable
application* is measured in years instead of months." I suggest not
replacing the incandescent bulb inside your oven with a CFL, for
example, unless you want a bulb lifespan measured in minutes instead of
years. And most CFs don't work so well at subzero temperatures when
used outdoors or in your freezer.

I hope whoever is banning incandescent bulbs provides exceptions for
applications where incandescents are the most suitable technology.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/