Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] miteysix@gmail.com is offline

Default Multitrack cassette recorder repair problem

Greetings, all.

I may be getting into this message chain way late, but the picture you
took tells me your transistor is destroyed. Replacement is a minor
thing, but the more important questions is "what caused it to fail?".
I'm a Senior Electronics Technician and spent way too many years
repairing equipment for the music industry. (When I started in
electronics, tubes were a mainstay.)

IN FACT, I have several Tascam Porta Ones that I'm working on
repairing. It's going a little slow at the moment due to not being
able to lay my hands on the service manual & circuit wiring diagrams,
but I'll get there. (Yes: it's a cheap plug if someone wants to be a
big help here....)

At any rate, please feel free to pursue asking me all the questions
you want (advice is free, actual repair work is not). The only caveat
is that I don't monitor newsgroups with any frequency, so you may do
better trying to email me at (and work to get this because I'd rather
not have every bot in cyberspace sending me junk) seniortech AT
carolina DOT rr DOT com and I will do what I can to guide you in the
right direction.

Thanks and a hat tip.

Andrew....