Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Ever have projects you don't like?

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:33:45 -0700, charlieb
wrote:

Even Michaelangelo suffered from your affliction. He turned
several LARGE piece of marble into tiny flakes and chips trying
to find the figure hidden in the block. Who knows how much
gravel he produced before he found The David, or The Pieta.

I guess it's The Room Full Of Manure thing. Some will open the
door - see a room full of manure and close the door. Others
- well they dive in and start digging because they're sure with
all that horse **** - there has to be a pony in there somewhere.

Me - I'm getting more selective about what I mount on the
lathe - though I've used up more than a few little bottles
of CA trying to save what MIGHT be a nice piece - but usually
isn't.

Now if I had a fireplace - and a need for one - things might
be different (the curse of living in Northern California - where
the sun ALWAYS shines, but not TOO hot).

Well, no telling how it works in California (where from here, it seems
like nothing is allowed,) but I don't have a fireplace either- what I
*do* have is a fire pit in the backyard. Doesn't even necessarily
have to be cold out to enjoy a nice bonfire, and they don't cost
anything to make if you've got a shovel and a dozen or so good-sized
rocks.