Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] william_b_noble@hotmail.com is offline

Default Small AC VFD?

apparently my posts aren't making it through Teranews again - anyway,
I had attempted to say:

instead of looking for motor drives, look at the specs for the 555
chip -
this will meet your needs

as I recall, EL panels use almost no current so you may well find that
the 555 alone can do the trick. and the chip is cheap, 5 cents to 25
cents in single quantity the last time I looked

bill

On Sep 3, 8:23 am, steamer wrote:
--Looking for a variable frequency drive, A/C but I don't need a
huge one. The application is to drive something other than a huge motor (I'm
fooling around with frequency-controlled color change of electroluminescent
wire) so something that can drive a small motor is all I need. Anyone got a
recommendation?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A steaming pile of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : obscure information...