Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Copper Nails

On Sep 3, 4:17?pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 06:47:12 -0700, "

wrote:
theres a cheap easy solution i have been using for over 10 years.

just mix rocksalt with hot water like a 25 pound bag every 4 months,
do twice in spring befor trees leaf out thats when max root growth
occurs.

kills the roots doesnt harm tree, really cheap too. do before leaving
house so rock salt water remains in line as long as possible.

or you can go high tech where the line is snaked and cleaned then a
interior sock is placed and inflated with very hot water, it hardens
the plastic sock no more roots can get into the line. but its costly.

incidently its not just trees that get into lines, even bushes can. I
had some fitzer bushes the plumber claimed were in my line. didnt
believe him till fixing a wall showed the roots went straight down to
the line.

i installed a basement toilet and found under my floor roots
everywhere, i had to use a saw and lopers to install the drain for the
toilet.
its hard to believe.

Rocksalt will kill surrounding grass, shrubs, flowers, etc. and last a
long time until the rain washes it out. If you use this procedure
don't expect plants to grow there. This is not the procedure to use
if gardening is anyone's hobby. - Hide quoted text -

you use the rocksalt IN THE SEWER LINE, all it does is kill the tree
roots. doesnt harm the trees or bushes.

sad it couldnt fix george