Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Carpenter's glue

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:09:41 -0400, "Unrevealed Source"
wrote:

What can I use to keep excess carpenter's glue from sticking to something?
I've got to glue and clamp something, and there will be overflow of glue
that I don't want sticking to the wooden clamps. Does waxpaper work?

You can wax your clamps before using them. Any wax will do, furniture
bees or car wax. Or, consider applying a coat of varnish or
polyurethane to the wooden clamps. Don't go overboard with the
glue--a small amount of squeeze-out is what you want.