Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default lead solder in water line

HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
I'd just finished installing a in-line water filter when I discovered
a 2nd spool of solder mixed in my work area. I know that I had one
set that was lead-free, but don't know about the 2nd. Now I am
unsure which I used on my pipes, the lead-free or the unknown.
Unfortunately neither were labeled. I only soldered 2 joints in the
pipe, would it be worth the effort to undo my work just to redo it
with known lead-free solder? I don't know the danger level of
potentially having solder with lead in my incoming water lines.
I tried looking up if there was any way to differentiate between
lead-free solder & solder with lead, but couldn't find anything.

The Romans used lead PIPES!

They ended up ruling the world and it took Rome longer to fall than the US
has been in existence.

Forget about it.

And, even in the US, many areas used
lead pipes early on.