Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Dell LCD monitor E171FPb has gone 'white screen'. Any known issues ?

On 3 sep, 02:35, Eeyore
wrote:
My neighbour's monitor failed as described whilst he was simply browsing.

The screen is almost totally white with a very faint visible pattern part of
which for example moves when the mouse is moved. Removing and re-applying power
made no difference. The computer works fine with another display I loaned him.

Just wondering if there are any known issues with this monitor that might
account for this.

Graham

that sounds like a *problem* not an 'issue' !
is it still under guarantee? many of these units are prohibitive to
fix and spares are hard or impossible to come by.
-B