Posted to comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.hp.hardware,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,sci.electronics.repair
news.rcn.com news.rcn.com is offline

Default Service manual to dismantle and replace power supply on HP Pavilion ZT3380

"w_tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is power supply a separate board? That would be unusual.

Meanwhile, money spend on the power brick also would not be wasted
had you used the meter and one minute to make those measurements.
Just another exmaple of why fixing things only based in speculation is
money wasted.

Actually I am not the one who spent the money but the reason I posted was
obvious: to find out (from someone who knows the way around the HP web
site) where the service manual is. This will tell me how to establish
whether the power supply is separate and/or how to get it out to replace it.

Again, obviously, once inside I may well be able to figure out whether the
contacts can be rendered more secure and the problem completely solved. Look
at my carefully worded header.

Without taking any voltage calibrations.

(At the moment I don't even know how to crack open the case. And my
suggestions as to what might be wrong with some carbon build-up on the
connection was not designed to be taken seriously, else I would be able to
see at least some pitting at least somewhere)