Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default T + E How is it measured?

John wrote:

PLEASE tell us all that you no longer do any electrical work (even making an
allowance for Part P sillyness!). THIS is one of the very first things you
are taught in 'electrical college' after "DO NOT put the screwdriver in
there!!!"

In the grand scheme of things, it makes little difference. As long as
you know what size cable you should be using where, whether the units
are CSA in mm^2, or diameter in micro furlongs does not make much
difference.

I can't believe that if you walked into an electrical wholesalers and
said "give me a reel of 2.5mm twin and earth" they would have any
difficulty understanding what you meant.

(in fact I can't ever remember asking for cable and going through the
verbal gymnastics required to include "squared" in the request)

--
Cheers,

John.