Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Shaded pole motor, 2500rpm

In message , Ian White
writes
Please can anyone help me find one of these? It looks similar to
http://tinyurl.com/3xykj3 but maybe with a deeper stack of stator
laminations.

Two small complications:

* It must be 2500rpm nominal (it's to replace a 1250rpm motor)

* The shaft needs to be 0.25in diameter (not 6mm) and about 2in long.

These used to be bog-standard items, but they all went to hide when
they saw me looking.

AIUI there is no way to modify the existing 1250rpm motor, because the
speed is determined by the number of 'poles' in the rotor construction.

Total ******** - more volts - faster rotation

the shaded pole is the pair of thick copper wires on the laminations,
its there to determine the direction of rotation, it has no effect on
the speed

as I said, the rotational speed is a function of the applied voltage,
you totally misunderstand what is meant by shaded pole

I have approaching a thousand, but with 6mm shafts

--
geoff