Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lead solder in water line

wrote in message ...
I'd just finished installing a in-line water filter when I discovered a
2nd spool of solder mixed in my work area. I know that I had one set that
was lead-free, but don't know about the 2nd. Now I am unsure which I used
on my pipes, the lead-free or the unknown. Unfortunately neither were
labeled. I only soldered 2 joints in the pipe, would it be worth the
effort to undo my work just to redo it with known lead-free solder? I
don't know the danger level of potentially having solder with lead in my
incoming water lines.

Don't sweat it. Years ago all joints were lead based and it was not much of
a problem. Two joints would probably not even be readable on a test kit.