Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default lead solder in water line

I'd just finished installing a in-line water filter when I discovered a 2nd
spool of solder mixed in my work area. I know that I had one set that was
lead-free, but don't know about the 2nd. Now I am unsure which I used on my
pipes, the lead-free or the unknown. Unfortunately neither were labeled. I
only soldered 2 joints in the pipe, would it be worth the effort to undo my
work just to redo it with known lead-free solder? I don't know the danger
level of potentially having solder with lead in my incoming water lines.

I tried looking up if there was any way to differentiate between lead-free
solder & solder with lead, but couldn't find anything.