Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioner and Windows

"Senin" wrote in message

Anyway, I know the theory is to keep all the windows closed when using
the AC, but.........
I have hot air trapped on the second floor. Wouldn't it make sense to
open the upper windows to push the hot air out while the cool AC air
is pumped in? Is this true or am I way off base?

By opening the window, you will vent some of the hot air, but you will also
replace it with hotter moister air that will get mixed in and make matters
worse.

Sounds like your system needs to be balanced. Be sure you have proper
return vents, partially close some of the outlets on the first floor to
force more of the cooker air to the second floor.

Be sure you have clean filters and are getting proper air through the system
to start with.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/