Posted to uk.d-i-y
stevelup stevelup is offline

Default LV Halogens

On Sep 3, 3:24 pm, John Rumm wrote:
elziko wrote:
Thanks very much for your reply!

3) I want to have a bank of four for the main bathroom and a
separate one for above the shower. Is there a more elegant way of
switching them rather than having two separate pendants? Can you get
a single pendant that will toggle two sets of lights like this:
on/on, on/off, off/on, off/off? I would imagine it's unlikely. What
about a single unit with two cords? Any other ideas for a switch
that will be in the bathroom in Zone 3? I've thought about a
wireless switch but these seem to be very expensive.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLIQ1402.html

So would it be acceptable to mount one of these inside a bathroom? I thought
that I /had/ to use pull cords?

Not in Zone 3. You need to use something appropriate for the
circumstance. So if it is well away from sources of wet, then you are ok.

You could also control the shower light by other means... flow switch on
the shower perhaps!

I moved our bathroom light switch outside of the door for that very
reason. I don't really see the need for it to be inside the room -
it's not like it is going to suddenly get dark whilst you are already
in there!

I've got pretty much the same arrangement as Andy suggested - a dual
varilight dimmer outside the door. One channel runs 'effect' lighting
(shelf lighting, behind mirror lighting and one to illuminate the
window recess), the other runs the main lights (4 x downlights).

When you are using SELV lighting, does it need to be IP rated if it's
not in a shower? I'm unclear on the regs there...

Going back to elziko's other question, the 'GL3043' ones from TLC are
pretty adjustable and should satisfy most requirements.

Steve