Posted to uk.d-i-y
elziko elziko is offline

Default LV Halogens

Thanks very much for your reply!

3) I want to have a bank of four for the main bathroom and a
separate one for above the shower. Is there a more elegant way of
switching them rather than having two separate pendants? Can you get
a single pendant that will toggle two sets of lights like this:
on/on, on/off, off/on, off/off? I would imagine it's unlikely. What
about a single unit with two cords? Any other ideas for a switch
that will be in the bathroom in Zone 3? I've thought about a
wireless switch but these seem to be very expensive.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLIQ1402.html

So would it be acceptable to mount one of these inside a bathroom? I thought
that I /had/ to use pull cords?

4) Since at least one of the lights will be in Zone 2, all lights
are going to be IP65. Can you get the 'eyeball' type halogens in
IP65? I imagine they'd be expensive needing a good seal.

http://www.tlcdirect.co.uk/Main_Inde...gen/index.html

None of those seem to be described as 'eyeball' which is the word that TLC
seems to use to describe a light that can be angled in various directions.
On that page are you saying that this one in particular is such a light?:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GL3043C.html

It doesn't seem to look quite like the eyeball lights that TLC sell in the
non-shower section:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...age/index.html

TIA