Sunworshiper

Default How to make a lot level

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:08:18 +0000 (UTC), (Mike
Andrews) wrote:

In (sci.engr.surveying), Stephen wrote:

As you can see a water level is the most popular low price solution. A few
years ago I showed guy that was putting new siding on his house how to use a
water level. He thought I was a genius for coming up with such a good
method but I had to confess that it's an old trick probably a hundred years
or more old. In old books I have seen them made by putting glass tubes in
the end of an old rubber hose. The only real advantage of using a laser or
transit is ease of use A pole barn or most residential building don't need
any more accuracy than you can get from a water level

s/hundred/three thousand or more/

The Egyptians used water levels in laying out and constructing the
pyramids, according to some fairly recent articles in archaeological
journals.

Where? Can't be any leaks. I'd love to see them. Or some key word to
go by to find out what they where thinking.