Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Copper Nails

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:04:40 -0400, "brian" wrote:

Hello all,

I have a Maple tree that I want to take down due to tree roots getting
into
a septic system. Unfortunately I won't have the time to do this until
after
Winter due to life and jobs. A friend had told me that he heard if you put
copper nails in the tree it'll die.

First I was wondering if anyone knew if this was true? Also where does one
get copper nails? I've never even heard of them before.

Thanks,

Brian

Definately a case of premeditated murder. After you buy the nails.
call your lawyer. I already reported you for attempted murder. If
that tree dies, you go to prison. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Vav

You're trying to be funny, but your post contains a kernal of truth, Why
kill the tree, if it is otherwise healthy? It would likely be cheaper
and/or less work to replace that section of sewer line with someting the
tree can't get into. And a big healthy tree is worth 5 grand easy when it
comes time to sell the house, not to mention how nice shade is in summer.
Unless a tree is falling apart or endangering the house, I would price out
all the alternatives before I had it removed, especially if it was so big or
so close to other trees that professional help would be needed.

aem sends...