Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Speed control on the 398 and 400 Dremel models

"Robert Swinney" wrote:

It would appear to me conditions you stated re. regulation, are normal for the Dremel tool. Without
knowing the amount of "strain" (load ??) placed on the tool the speed reduction you see is probably
normal.

I wonder how many people would pay the price for a dremel with active speed
control? It probably wouldn't cost much today to implement. Optical
encoder or tach feeding back to a PWM speed control.

Of course, I just adjust how I lean into the work and do it by ear....

Wes