Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Belkin F5C520 UPS...

Firstly, Belkin like the rest of them, will not give out any schematics or
service information.

Before you tear in to the UPS, put on a new set of batteries! The chargers
in these are a pulse charge system with a very sophisticated load sensing.
If the battery is slightly out of spec for the charger, it will not charge
the battery.

I have some Belkin and APC UPS's in our place, and they all do the same
effect that you are describing when the batteries have to be changed.

--

Jerry G.
======

"lj_robins" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for a schematic for a Belkin F5C520 UPS.

In case you are wondering and/or can help, output voltage for charging
the battery is only coming out at 2.4 volts with the battery unhooked
from the circuit.

Nothing appears to be fried on the circuit board, no bulging capacitors,
etc. It has what appears to be an LM317 based voltage regulator system,
this is more is less where my trouble shooting is going to start.

So far I have figured out that the 317 has 23 volts on the input pin,
ADJ and OUT have approx 2.1 volts on them. There are what appears to be
three little tiny resistors attached to the ADJ pin, and a 2N2222A
transistor is somehow hooked it the ADJ as well, it tests fine.

Not sure where to go from here without a schematic.

Thanks,

-Landon